Over the past 6 months, this blog has kind of moved towards a reputation of early retirement. And that’s cool, it’s the shiny object that draws people in.
But a brave new life is more than that. It’s a life that values family, friends, and leisure over hard work and money. It’s a life that values sustainability and self-sufficiency over bigger and better stuff. And it’s one that values understanding of things, rather than acceptance. Early retirement is both a step towards this life, as well as a benefit of it. The ultimate goal, however is not early retirement. The ultimate goal is a positive, joyful, and tranquil life.
In order to pull all this off, I believe there are 6 core principles that must be understood and embraced. Some might seem obvious, some might not be. Some might be easy to accept, while others will not. But each complements an supports the other into a balance that in my experience is peaceful to the soul.
Over the next 2 weeks, I’ll be publishing these core principles, with a detailed description of each, and how they fit into the brave new life.
- Core Principle #1 – Question Everything
- Core Principle #2 – Reject Lifestyle Inflation
- Core Principle #3 – Frugality, Self-Sufficiency, and Sustainability
- Core Principle #4 – Nurture Your Relationships
- Core Principle #5 – Understand The Marginal Utility of Money
- Core Principle #6 – This is Water
Leave a Reply